Lancaster Fox are partnered with one of the countries most exciting, forward thinking and innovative residential developers. They are extremely well funded and have secured a number of large developments for the next 5/6 years, with further projects at planning stage.
They require a Health And Safety Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
- Lead by example to embed a positive Health and Safety Culture
- Promote H&S at Management Level
- In liaison with the Health & Safety Manager, ensure that there are sufficient resources/funds are available to meet the requirements of the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and policy by notifying the Health and Safety Manager of any deficiencies and remedial action required
- Ensure that lines of communication are robust and are available to all staff and managers regarding H&S matters.
- Attend meetings with the Managing Director and Health and Safety Manager
- Reviewing, maintain, amending and updating the company Health and Safety Policy in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Attending meetings
- Assisting Managers with site set up
- Preparing Construction Phase Plans
- Conducting site visits
- Conducting site audits/Inspections
- Preparing reports
- Keeping and analysing statistics in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Preparing, reviewing and updating company Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Reviewing sub-contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Preparing training programs and delivering in house training and on site in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Maintaining accreditation to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Carrying out internal audits for the purposes of ISO accreditation in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Maintaining accreditation to CHAS and Construction Line
- Liaising with the company insurers from time to time regarding health and safety matters and to provide information requested
- Providing legal health and safety research and technical health and safety support to managers.
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation and news and communicating changes and updates
- Initiating, preparing and running Health and Safety campaigns in liaison with the Health and Safety Manager
- Undergoing own training and maintaining CPD
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of experience within a Health and Safety Management position and residential development experience is a bonus.